Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Wanderer

IMG_4627

May is almost over -- and we have survived! When did May become such a hectic month? We hosted a year end sing along with Mrs. Duncan. It seemed like a great idea at the time -- after all Mrs. Duncan (the music teacher at school) would entertain the kids. I would simply serve lunch, provide ice cream and keep the kids contained.

IMG_4596

I started feeling slightly concerned when I realized that there would be 14 kids between the ages of 2 and 4 at my house - many without their parents. The concern turned to panic when I discovered we had a wanderer among us.

IMG_4599

You know.... a wanderer. The kid who never is really with the rest of the kids but is always off wandering by himself. I found him early on in our house, by himself -- after all the party was outside - why would he be out there? I knew immediately what we had on our hands. A HANDFUL!

IMG_4622

It hadn't been more than two minutes when I discovered that The Wanderer had wandered off - AGAIN. I grabbed Carmen and surely my panicked face said it all...we both start searching. We found him on the front porch -- by HIMSELF.

Twice more I found him in the garage ..... once after his mother had arrived. They say all those who wander are not lost. That might be true but those who wander under the age of 4 sure do wear you out!

No comments:

Post a Comment