Monday, June 14, 2010

Hot, hot, hot and a diving board too


Please take a look at that weather image again....it says it feels 100 degrees out at 7PM. 7PM!

It is suddenly seriously hot here. I mean the kind of hot that takes your breath away. The kind of hot that forces you to either be inside or at the pool.

Unfortunately, my kids aren't exactly the indoor type. Believe me - I am trying....begging, bribing, anything to get them interested in staying inside and watching t.v., a movie - WHATEVER. So far it isn't working. They seem to be impervious to the heat. Given I am less than a month away from delivering Baby #3 - I seem to be intolerable of the heat. This is not an ideal combination.


So, despite the fact that I am ripe with this baby....I squeeze myself into a swimsuit and take the girls to the pool. It isn't pretty - believe me. But it is a necessary component of survival these days. Of course, once I am in the pool - I feel great. Not much feels better when you are 9 months pregnant than a pool, right?

OK - so back to the image above....Ellery has taken to the pool like a fish this summer. Not only has her swimming improved but she has also taken a liking to the diving board. Up until yesterday, she stuck to the low diving board. Well, she did try the high dive once....it ended with Alan climbing up to rescue her.

Yesterday was different! She begged to go off of the high dive. We relented and much to our surprise, she climbed up with confidence and jumped off without any hesitation. Her sweet head emerged from the pool with the biggest grin! SUCCESS! And then, of course, about 10 more jumps off of the board.










No comments:

Post a Comment