Monday, December 20, 2010

And then...

It was a hectic morning. The kind where you can't seem to catch up. I cleaned up breakfast only to turn around to a slew of dolls scattered across the floor. I reminded the girls that they needed to clean up one activity before moving onto the next.

I went to warm up my coffee and came back to a pile of 50 pipe cleaners and the baby was complaining - it was time for her nap. I completed a quick diaper change, plopped her in bed and returned to a, once again, cold cup of coffee. It was probably 5 minutes before I realized that all was quiet.

The kitchen was S I L E N T! I drank my coffee with a smile from ear to ear - knowing all the while things were too quiet for too long. And - I heard giggles from down the hall. Should I:
A: continue enjoying the peace and quiet
B: go see what all that giggling was about

My curiosity won out. As I approached the girls' room the giggling was louder. I pushed gently on the door (so that they wouldn't hear me and I could really surprise them). But, I was met with resistance. Were they pushing the door closed? How did they know I was coming to check on them?

I pushed harder - a little worried - to be honest. The door nudged open and THIS is what I saw.

IMG_6373


Panties everywhere.

IMG_6371

Panties on their heads, on their arms, on their legs. I looked behind the door and saw that they had pushed their hamper against it and had stacked a pile of books there too.

IMG_6381

I burst out laughing (wouldn't you?)

And then I ran and grabbed the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment