Monday, June 29, 2009

Crumbs

It was a delightful weekend. The weather was supposed to be overcast and rainy -- booo. But, who said those meteorologist know anything? They were wrong - the sun shined bright all weekend long.

Saturday morning brought a visit from Maximus. The girls anxiously greeted him on the porch. They were excited to see another person their size. And while I think he might have been overwhelmed initially, the McKnight ladies won him over. Ellery proudly showed him her new house and Puddles was quick to point out her many babies she had littered around the house and yard. And before we knew it, we were all in the pool.

Gagi and I snuck away Saturday night with Irena and Tokyo and enjoyed a fine meal at the Tuscan House. The food was good and the company was even better. With full bellies and tired eyes we were all happy to find our way home.

And while I would like to say I woke up Sunday morning bright and early with the girls...that would be a lie. Gagi gave me the gift of sleep and sleep I did until 10:30AM! Wowsers. I must have been tired. Ellery and I adventured to Amaganset to pick up Alex. Ellery entertained us both with her fabulous singing and then impressed Alex with her swimming skills.

And to finish off the weekend, Danielle returned from the city with these fabulous cupcakes from Crumbs. We are all still licking our lips!

In between the swimming, eating, playing and singing...the girls keep asking where their Dada is?? I think sweet V is super confused. We are counting down the days for Daddy's arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment