Friday, July 9, 2010

Anticipation

mail-1

Tonight as I was tucking the girls into bed, a sense of sorrow rushed over me. In a few, short days everything will be different. My time with these precious girls over the upcoming weeks will be shortened. I will be tending to a newborn - and newborns are demanding.

mail
Don't get me wrong, we are greatly anticipating the arrival of this baby. But I am simultaneously mourning the leisurely bedtime stories, cuddles on the couch and relaxation that we have been forced to enjoy over the last few days while these girls have gained their health and recovered from their fevers.

I remember feeling terribly guilty right before Vaughan arrived here on this earth. I was worried about Ellery - would she feel neglected? Her world was about to be turned upside down and she had no clue. Looking back, that guilt that worry seems so unnecessary. Ellery and Vaughan love each other so well (most of the time.) I do think one of the greatest gifts in life Ellery has received has been Vaughan.

And so this time it is easier to push back the anxious, guilty feelings that I have. I am worried (mostly about how Vaughan will react to all of this) but at the same time I know that in time these girls will have another best friend -- for life, because isn't that what a sibling is? And now, the worry instead should probably be focused on the fact that Alan and I are about to be outnumbered. I can only imagine what these little angels have in store for us in the future.

P.S. You all asked for pics of the big belly and I tried my best...sorry about the quality but that was the best I could do with my phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment