Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Settling In

We are home and we are settling in quite nicely. Have you ever noticed the calming effect a newborn has on a household? In the past, I noticed it when I was dropping off food or gifts for friends who had recently had babies. Now I am noticing it in my own house.

It is a simple sense of calm and it has been quite refreshing.

Latham has been a good baby so far (aren't they all the first few weeks.) She is eating and sleeping well and my only complain is that she has a tendency to be quite a grunter a night.

Who knew that the grunts of a one week old could be so disruptive to one's sleep?

The girls are smitten with Latham - much more interested in her than I thought they would be. They want to hold her, kiss her, love her CONSTANTLY! It turns out they are also quite good little helpers - fetching diapers and wipes, water, tissues, etc.

Tomorrow, Gagi leaves for Southampton (insert a cry here). I know we will be fine but it sure has been nice having her here to entertain the older girls and cook and take care of me. We will miss her....I am already counting down the days until she returns and she hasn't even left!

No comments:

Post a Comment