Monday, October 25, 2010

Ellery's Party - Part 2 and Some Visitors


We had a busy weekend (aren't they all?) After a birthday dinner La Parilla Friday night, we kicked off Saturday morning with Ellery's birthday party.

The girls had a fabulous princess gymnastics party (theme created by Ellery).

After a quick bite to eat, we hustled to the soccer field for Ellery's game. Have you watched little girls play soccer? It is something to see...for so many reasons. Some of the girls are holding hands, other are hugging. Some of the girls are playing with the grass -- and occasionally, some of the girls actually kick the ball.

After the soccer game, I took the girls out to ride bikes. About 40 minutes into our rather disastrous bike ride (Ellery had no air in her tires and her training wheels kept flying off), I got a text from Alan.

"Katie is on her way and will be here in an hour."

My friend from college, Katie, recently relocated to Birmingham. We had talked a few days earlier and I had hoped she would come for a weekend visit. But with Katie - you just never know.

I was giddy when I read the text message. The last time I saw Katie, we were living in NYC and Ellery was 6 months old. Now Katie has a little girl.

Let me introduce Katie's delightful daughter Ava Jane. This little angel will melt your heart.

I mean seriously - look at that face!

The girls loved loved loved Katie and loved loved loved Ava Jane. Ellery was enchanted with Ava Jane -- she couldn't get enough.

Katie left way too early on Sunday morning. The girls asked multiple times Sunday afternoon/evening if my friend was coming back. Vaughan was devastated that there wouldn't be another sleep over. I missed that little Ava Jane the minute she left my house.

Katie - come back for a visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment