Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snowed In - STILL

IMG_6518

This is day 4 of the great snow in. Atlanta has literally been all but closed since Monday. What to do, what to do?

The girls are still digging in - although Vaughan did ask about school yesterday. When I informed her that school was once again closed - she declared "but I love school." Um - so do I - especially when you are actually at school!

Sledding was more like ice gliding today so we had to be creative to come up with new snow activities. We painted the snow and then spray painted the snow and then spray painted each other and then Mommy took away the spray bottles with food coloring saturated water.

We ate raw cookie dough and then decided to bake a few cookies too.

IMG_6534

Cabin fever set in around 4 yesterday. I felt like I had been couped up in the house. So, we all bundled up (Latham included) and went for a walk around the neighborhood. Apparently I should have brought my ice skates.

IMG_6537

In between these activities - I worked. My parents scooped Danielle up for me (they have 4 wheel drive). Danielle lives on a hill and apparently things were a bit dicey.

IMG_6544

Danielle will not be making it today (we miss you Danielle!) The hill to her place is a bit precarious.

And so here we sit, day 4. Those of you up north - please send me some more ideas. I have a feeling we will need them today!

1 comment: