Friday, April 29, 2011

Babblings

IMG_6791

First let me say, we are all safe here. The storms that came through two nights ago managed to go just south and just north of us and somehow we emerged unscathed. The devastation these storms caused is astounding - I can hardly continue to look at the images on the internet.

Secondly, how sweet is my husband? Family is so incredibly important to him. I certainly think that losing his parents prematurely has only heightened his awareness of how precious our time here on Earth is. I love that this priority is not lost on our children. This week, we had parent/teacher conferences with Vaughan's teachers. They noted that they had never (in their combined 40 years of teaching) seen a sibling bond like they have witnessed between Ellery and Vaughan. Forget learning letters -- to me forging these family relationships is secondary only to developing a sense of spritituality.

IMG_6790
Easter is over, the candy coma has lifted and the school year is almost over. I think I might cry. How is my child going to be in Kindergarten next year? Oh boy, I am going to miss her not being around here all afternoon. Oh me oh my.

To make matters worse, there is a celebrity child (well actually a child of celebrities) who has been in Ellery's class for the last few months. Her mother is done filming and they have returned to California. The car pool line is a lot less exciting now that the hollywooders had left.

On the bright side, we had a fabulous Easter weekend. We had family in from Baltimore and L.A. and we had the chance to spend time with some friends whom we hadn't seen in ages.

Most importantly - Poppy celebrated a birthday. I am so incredibly grateful that I have that man for a father. I can say with absolute sincerity that I think he is the best dad. But that really deserves a post all its own. Hold me to that -- will you?

Hope you enjoy the random pics from a picnic last week!



No comments:

Post a Comment