Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Coca-Cola

IMG_7159

After 25 years of service, Hugh Ripps is FINALLY retiring. WOOHOO!!

25 years is a big deal. I mean, these days 5 years working for the same company is a big deal, right? My dad loves and breathes Coke. The first brand/symbol that Ellery recognized was Coca-Cola. Just a few days ago we were listening to the radio in the car and the D.J. mentioned Coca-Cola. Vaughan piped up, "Mommy, did they just say Coca-Cola." I replied, "Yes, they did." Then she chimed in, "Do they mean Poppy's Coca-Cola?" While it isn't really Poppy's Coca-Cola, I said, "Yes, Poppy's Coca-Cola."

The party was perfect. Not too long, not too short. Not too many speakers, not too few. Good people saying great things about my dad. I was proud.

IMG_7164

I am so excited for my family and for PopPop's retirement. Longer vacations, more time in Southampton, less stress, fewer phone calls...

Or maybe not, rumor has it instead of working for Coke, now PopPop is working for Gagi. Could it be true?

No comments:

Post a Comment