Monday, June 13, 2011

To the mountains we went

Beaver Creek

"Is that snow on the top?" I asked, my eyes straining. We had landed in Denver, hopped in a car and headed towards the mountains.
"Yep, sure is," replied Alan.

It was our first weekend away together since little Latham fell into our lives. We had only been gone for five hours and I was already missing our girls. I had texted Gagi and PopPop no fewer than 5 times....each.... and I had called too. I know, I know...I think I might have more separation anxiety than the children.

We trekked to Beaver Creek, settled into our room, and went for a walk around town. It was the beginning of a fabulous wedding weekend. We spent time with friends that we see far less than we would like. We took the ski lift up on the mountain for lunch on Saturday (hence the picture above) and then hiked down. And even though we were up both mornings by 7:30, we relished relaxing breakfasts and leisurely afternoons. It was a quick trip.

Sunday morning, we ventured back down the mountain, back to Denver, back on the plane, and eventually back home. We pulled in the garage and the kitchen door flew open. Out tumbled Ellery and Vaughan racing towards us with the biggest smiles on their faces. And there sitting in the open door was Latham. We were ready to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment