Tuesday, July 12, 2011

One Year Ago Today

IMG_7308

One year ago today, I met you for the very first time. I was anxiously laying on the table in that cold, bright operating room. I was anxious. I was excited.

I was surprised. I was so surprised when Daddy announced that you were a girl. Immediately, I asked what you looked like - lifting my head and straining to see something, anything. Daddy said, "she looks like Vaughan."

Today people still ask - who does she look like. Today I think you look like Latham.


IMG_7298

You are the sweetest baby. Always up for a cuddle. You like to nuzzle your sweet, soft head right in the crook of my neck. I love that. While you nuzzle I can breathe in your soft hair. I cherish every second with you. How many seconds have passed this past year?

IMG_7222

Tonight I sit here trying to recall everything that happened a year ago. Were you born at 8:32? Does that sound right? Did Gagi spend the night here the night before we went to the hospital? Some of the details are fading. I try to walk through the entire day moment by moment. What I do recall, without any difficulty, is all of the joy you have brought to our lives this past year. Every day is better, every day is brighter. Happy birthday sweet Latham Rose!

No comments:

Post a Comment