Thursday, August 18, 2011

Turning 4


This little one turned four today!

This morning, I reminded Vaughan of the details of the day she was born. I told her how we had a little party on Friday night. I explained that on Saturday night, Daddy, Ellery and I all stayed in. After Ellery was tucked into bed, Daddy and I ordered Chinese; we were planning a movie night.

I plopped onto the sofa, excited to relax - anxiously awaiting the arrival of the food when something seeded not quite right. I told Vaughan, she was knocking on my belly - ready to come out. We called Gagi and PopPop and they arrived within 30 minutes. Before I knew it, we were at the hospital and we were informed that our little baby would be delivered within the hour. I had a placenta abruption which meant that there would be no dilly dallying.

Vaughan was a delicious baby. She was plump and healthy and squishy.

Oh happy birthday sweet Vaughan. You add a little spunk to our family. You wiggle your hips and shake your head. Your storytelling and imagination are beyond anything I have ever, ever heard before. You can cuddle like there is no tomorrow and give a cold shoulder like you don't care. Oh my baby, your smile melts my heart. I feel so blessed to be given the chance to care for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment