Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I forgot to mention

IMG_7859

I love this picture. Seriously - every time I look at it (which is quite often), I chuckle. Vaughan is reading book after book after book to anyone who will listen. Of course, it isn't as easy as listening, Vaughan has a number of rules that must be followed. These include but are not limited to:
- no talking
- you must hold your questions until the end
- she properly holds the book, licking her finger before turning each page

the rules really go on and on and vary depending on the day.

I love how Vaughan has one little foot on top of the other and I love how Marissa's feet don't reach the floor.

This is Marissa.

IMG_7847

She is visiting from Vienna. Marissa is originally from the Philippines. She has siblings who migrated to the US and she hasn't seen them in over 30 years. After a stop here in Atlanta, Marissa made her way to California to meet up with her brothers and sisters. She will be back in two weeks and I can't wait to hear all about her adventures. It has been so nice having Marissa around. The girls adore her, she is a huge help and exudes love. I will certainly miss her when she returns to Vienna.

Here we have cake #2.

IMG_7922

And cake #1 - can you tell which one I made?

IMG_7849

There were parties

IMG_7905

with games

IMG_7904
and obstacle courses

IMG_7901

and this all resulted in some tired kids

IMG_7918

and some tired parents.

We are recovering from b-day parties and Halloween and I am gearing up for Thanksgiving.

GOBBLE GOBBLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment