Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving to all of you out there. Over the past few days, I have read countless articles and blog posts about Thanksgiving about gratitude about our many blessings. I read these articles from the comfort of my bed - where I spent most of the last two days.

While I might get sick - you know a cold here or there - I am not very empathetic to those who get sick and complain and moan and groan. I hold this standard to myself as well. At least I did until Wednesday. Wednesday I was knocked off of my feet. Yes, I had a sore throat, a stuffy head, a tight chest, was achy and had chills...but I literally could not perform any parenting duties. I had to call for back-up people - I was unable to get out of bed.

Today, after a few doctor visits and some antibiotics and steroids, I am on the mend. Today I am incredibly grateful that all it took to get me back in action was some rest and some medicine. I am incredibly grateful that I have a husband and parents who can step in when I need to step out. I rested in bed for two days knowing that not only were my children well cared for - they were having fun.

Yesterday, while laying in bed, Alan texted me from my parents' house and our destination for our Thanksgiving meal, "maybe you should just stay home and rest." Ugh, was I really going to miss Thanksgiving dinner?

Even though the day had not played out at all like I had planned, I knew I had to make a showing. I did show up but I didn't really last. I retreated back home back to bed.

This morning I woke up feeling much. much better. The girls all stayed at Gagi and PopPop's and when I reached for my phone, I saw this picture my mom had texted me.


The McKnight girls in bed, eating dessert and watching tv. Like I said, they didn't miss me at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment