Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Showers and Slumber

IMG_3978
(this picture has NOTHING to do with this post)

Last night, Alan and I looked at each other after dinner and, though it was unspoken, we both said to each other "I am exhausted." The last few weeks have been tiring and stressful (I have been working on the girls' annual fundraiser at school (an auction)).

So after dinner, I stripped the girls, put them in the shower, and scrubbed them good with soap. Once they were sufficiently clean, I joined Alan on the bed to rest while the girls played in the shower. I don't know if it was the gentle sound of the shower, the extreme comfort of our bed, or sheer exhaustion but Alan and I were both drifting off to sleep. Luckily I caught myself....luckily because if allowed the McKnight ladies would stay in the shower for HOURS.

"We need to get them out," I whispered to Alan. He nodded, eyes half open. "In two more minutes," I said. And then we both smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment