Monday, March 7, 2011

The Big Picture

This weekend we went to Sparkles. It was a blast, Ellery loved it, I have a video to share. Oh and I still want to tell you about the play we went to see last week, about my girl's night out with Ellery and Vaughan but I can't. I can't because I have a burning pit in my stomach. I feel physically ill and I can't concentrate. And, unfortunately, it is not due to the stomach bug that has been making its rounds.

A college friend of mine is sick. She has just been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. GULP. Nine days prior to her diagnosis, her husband was diagnosed with stage 3 colo-rectal cancer. GULP. They have an 18 month old baby. SOB.

Normally, I wouldn't share this kind of information about someone else in this forum. But then I read this on her blog:

Nathan and I will never ever be able to express the depth of gratitude we feel for all that is being done on our behalf during this time. And it is a testimony to you, our loved ones, when we find out that, for example, one of our friends' cousin's aunt's church is praying for us. It is a testimony to you because that means they honor the relationship they have with you. Please take a moment of gratitude for yourselves to see that the love coming to us is often coming through you and that means you are a conduit of love and kindness and generosity. We are blessed to have you in our lives. This is a perfect example of ripples of love. And if there are any positive side effects to having cancer, feeling waves of love coming from all corners of the planet is definitely one of them.

And so here I am - hoping that each of you will spend some time sending good thoughts, sitting in prayer, doing whatever it is you do for this very precious family.

1 comment:

  1. beautifully said. I haven't been able to get her out of my mind, either. xoxo anne

    ReplyDelete