Friday, February 25, 2011

We were hit

IMG_6610

I started this post days ago. It left was left half started/half finished in my drafts. I think I was called away mid-post by one of my children. Today when I returned, I determined to scrap it entirely. Well, all except the photo above. I love the genuine smiles on these three faces - three of my favorite faces in the world. I especially love Vaughanie's blurred finger pointing up or saying she is #1 or something.

We were hit this week with the stomach bug. Sweet V had no idea what had hit her. We survived and I am hoping we can avoid others getting it too.

I have lots I want to share - like how Alan and I went to see this amazing play last week, how I had a girls' night out with Ellery and Vaughan, how I feel conflicted about being drawn to beautiful things and wanting to beautify my house and knowing that these things aren't what matters as I read about a friend's removal of her brain tumor. Wow - that got serious fast, right?

My brain hurts so those thoughts will have to wait until later. Anyway, I think I hear a baby stirring and I need to go nibble on her cheeks!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. oh, mel, this post makes me miss you so much. love your beautiful pictures and hope your friend is recovering well. xoxo anne

    ReplyDelete