Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A post about pictures

Last night, I decided I needed to download the photos from my camera. I always have grand plans of downloading, organizing, labeling....it never happens.

As the pictures were downloading, I spent a few minutes taking a look at what was on my camera. And this is what I found....

IMG_6903

I don't remember what these three were doing on this particular morning (I am assuming morning since they are still in their PJs but, believe me, I am fully aware if could have been afternoon). It looks like Vaughan and Latham are looking at something off to the side. Clearly, Ellery is pontificating about something. Whatever it is, is make me laugh.

This is a picture of an orchid we have in our living room. I look at this orchid a lot. I have spent a lot of hours the last 10 months in our living room nursing Latham. There is a comfy chair and we are just out of the way enough that she isn't easily distracted but we are still in the mix enough to not be completly isolated. And, there is a new. Just beyond this orchid is our front yard. I have seen summer come and go, the leaves change and fall off, the snow of winter (and snowboarders meandering down our street), the buds of spring and now....back to summer. I love this spot in our house and I took a picture of the window and the orchid because I want to remember those hours.

IMG_6862

Next I stumbled across this gem. This is a photo from Easter weekend. I LOVE THIS PICTURE! I love the chaos that is captured and reality of what happens when lots of people and lots of kids get together. Things I especially like:


  • The ladies in the kitchen preparing the cake (I think)

  • The bottle of wine on the counter

  • The kids at the table, hats on, ready to sing and eat

  • Latham in the background being entertained by my cousin

  • Someone standing with camera ready to the right of the photo


IMG_6830


This was a picture I took from the girls' dress rehearsal. I tried to get Vaughan to stand up straight but she refused -- she wanted to cuddle into her big sister. So sweet!

IMG_6929


Next up - my phone. No seriously I have never downloaded or deleted photos from my phone....I wonder what I will find?

No comments:

Post a Comment