Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's raining, it's pouring -- but ain't nobody snoring


Holy high water.  Yesterday, I was busy working in my basement office.  Things are busy at work right now and, in all honestly, I was fully engrossed in work.  At some point, I glanced out the window and THIS is what I saw.  Hello water!  That creek is usually only a few inches deep -- it had, quite quickly, taken over our entire side lot.  

After a few moments of panic (and a few calls to Alan and my parents), I packed up the girls and headed for higher ground.  

All is well --> we safely arrive at Gagi and PopPop's where we had a nice meal,  a much needed glass of wine (for me) and some playtime.  Today, the sun is out and the city is drying off.

IMG_2817

All of this rain reminded me of a few days of rain we had at the beach in August.  We all had a little cabin fever -- but it wasn't anything that I "production" couldn't rid.

IMG_2818

And so - Ellery, Vaughan, Gagi and I put on a show that Ellery titled Mavarian.  We made entry tickets, had costumes, props and music.  So, if you are ever bored on a rainy day -- call us over, we put on quite a performance.

IMG_2827

No comments:

Post a Comment