Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmastime Is Here

I am typing with bloodied fingers today. It all started about a month ago at our neighborhood Garden Club party. This might be where you are trying to reconcile Garden Club and me. Stop trying and rest assured I have not become a gardener - I don't even have a single house plant. It's a social thing around these parts -- kind of like Bunco.

OK - so last month at Garden Club, someone was passing around a piece of paper whereby you could sign-up to volunteer on the Greening project (you know, where you pay a nominal fee and they decorate your mailbox with fun, Christmastime green things.)

I quickly passed the paper onto the next person. Me, greening mailboxes, no thanks.

That is when it happened - as it always does. The girl in charge of the sheet came up to me and personally asked me if I could help. GULP. Why can't I say no.

So - that is how I found myself walking up the street this morning, in the rain, toting garbage bags of greenery, wire, and scissors (you know, because this little lady doesn't even have clippers.) And that is why my fingers were cut and scratched because here is a little tip for you: kitchen scissors don't exactly cut through frasier fur and magnolia branches.

*Picture of beautifully decorated mailbox coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment