Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving Recap

IMG_3749

Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday....I say that with some trepidation because now that Christmas is right around the corner I am feeling an allegiance towards Jolly St. Nick.
But - back to Thanksgiving. What is not to like? Food, family, lots of lounging, fires, football...all of the ingredients needed for a perfect long weekend.

This year, we had lots of family and friends come to Atlanta to celebrate Thanksgiving and birthdays and life. That's my mom and my cousin Alex above -- they both have Thanksgivingtime birthdays. So on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, we all gathered at our house for some homemade pizza and cake.

IMG_3760

We lit the candles a few times so the kids could participate in candle extinguishing.

IMG_3769

Chris and his wife Marina traveled from Miami to join us.


IMG_3768

My cousin Cari and her son Tony came with the rest of their family from North Carolina.

IMG_3762

Every Thanksgiving Day, our family plays a "friendly" football game. This year, Ellery was able to join in on the fun. Not sure how much she understood but she sure had a good time.

IMG_3757

I was finally able to meet so many of my cousin's kids whom I had not yet met before.

IMG_3745

This is Elliot....precious. Vaughan wanted "that baby." I think she thought about snatching her from her parents several times.

IMG_3731

Ellery loved having so many cousins around. She expecially enjoyed hanging around the older ones.


IMG_3728

These are two of my cousin Andrea's three boys. She bravely traveled with all three from Minnesota.


IMG_3776

This is how things ended. My mom and my uncle, in the kitchen poking each other. I think we have a picture of them doing the same thing 50 years ago.

It was perfect. Of course, we all ended up with colds (Vaughan has an ear infection) but nothing that we won't recover from. I just wish we could all manage to get together every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment