Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Alan's Birthday and Another Girls' Weekend

IMG_6553

Has it dawned on you that we are already more than 1/12 of the way through 2011 -- and I am still writing 2010 on all of my checks. Where did January go?

We have been busy here on Rockingham. Doing this.

IMG_6558

What's this you say? Well, let me tell you.

We celebrated Alan and Uncle Tony's birthdays. I mean that -- we CELEBRATED! Recently, we have been confronted with the unfortunate trials of illness. A mother at the girls' pre school passed away from complications due to a brain tumor last week. The same week, a friend was diagnosed with a brain tumor. She has three small children - the youngest is just a year old.

All of this to say, that this year instead of dreading another birthday....another year older... Alan and I are truly grateful for what we have - including our health.

Speaking of health - Alan has recovered quite well from his sinus surgery. Oh - did I not mention that? Yes, we also squeezed in a surgery this week.

IMG_6552

In honor of January birthdays, we were lucky enough to have Shaun Doty come and cooked us a delicious dinner.

Let me introduce Shaun. He ROCKS == for lots of reasons - just one of them being that he is an amazing chef.


IMG_6562

He and Alan hit it off discussing the importance of understanding and appreciating where our food comes from and what happens to it along the way. This is a hot topic in our house lately - but really it is best saved for another post.

OK - so the meal was rocked, Shaun rocked, and most importantly our guests rocked. We had a great time hanging out with everyone.

IMG_6582

Oh - and this is Latham kickin' in a baker's hat....because kick it she can!

IMG_6585

IMG_6586

Happy Tuesday!


3 comments:

  1. Hey Mel! I've always wanted to have a chef friend... lucky! Looks like a lot of fun, wish we lived closer! :) And can I just tell you how much I adore Latham's cheeks! I just want to kiss them! Levi had cheeks like that, love it! Miss you guys and glad you're all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post. i love your photos, melanie, and latham's chef hat is the bomb. i can't believe i still haven't met her. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea -
    I really hope we can connect sometime soon. Maybe Thanksgiving this year? Maybe this summer? I do know it is our turn to head up to you!

    Can you believe Latham's cheeks. That child is getting way too big way too fast Jeesh!

    ReplyDelete