Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Post Valentine's Day Post


IMG_6587

I felt sort of apathetic about Valentine's Day this year. Walking down the aisle at the drug store, seeing all of that sickly, sugary, garbage just wasn't doing it for me. Or maybe it was the THREE hours I spent at the drugstore walking up and down the aisles desperately searching my soul for patience - trying to remind myself to set a good example for my children.

We spent Sunday at the Minute Clinic. It was awesome - OH YEAH (as Vaughan's likes to say these days). Ellery has strep. I dragged Vaughan along for the ride because, let's be honest, those two girls are all over each other all day every day. As far as I was concerned, they might as well have been licking each other. I was certain if Ellery had strep, it was just a matter of time before Vaughan's symptoms kicked in too.

But let me back up just a bit. My parents had actually invited Alan and me out for a Valentine's Day dinner with DANCING. "You do come from a dancing people" reminded Alan. I was seriously excited to dance. My sweet dad had even made special music requests. We had a pre-dinner oysters, a delicious lobster appetizer and then...and then...well, then we got the text message.

IMG_6594

We hurried home to comfort our heavy eyed 5 year old.

Back at the Minute Clinic my suspicions were confirmed. Strep. Two days later (as I predicted) Vaughan had a fever. Today my throat feels scratchy - here's to hoping it's just paranoia.

By the way, check out my cousin's rockin' cookies. I mean who makes cookies that look like that? Here's a sneak peak.


Told you they were good!

P.S. I must mention that Alan rescued us all from our Valentine's Day doldrums. He bought all the McKnight girls flowers and then made us an incredibly delicious dinner (green salad with dried cranberries and pears, sea bass with a fresh tomato salsa, green beans with pine nuts, gelato with strawberries for dessert). I think he is trying to show me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment