Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sniffle, sniffle, sneeze


Yep, I have been hit. Luckily not with strep. The good news is that a dear friend sent me a dozen tea cakes from Ham 'n Goodys. Oh you poor souls who have not delighted in the tea cakes from Ham 'n Goodys. This photo doesn't really capture the tea cake (they are the large cookies on the left.) Go ahead - google it "ham n goody tea cake." Only then might you begin to understand just how great these darn cookies are - I mean people are going to great lengths to try to replicate them. Alan took a bite and said that it tasted like raw cookie dough. Need I say more?

My "plan" wasn't actually to write about tea cakes, though that is clearly what I have done. My plan - and let's be honest, calling it a plan is really stretching it - was to point you all to my friend's blog "a gift a day." Anne is an incredibly talented writer. But there are lots of talented writers out there, right? Her blog is compelling because she is compelling. She is compassionate and she is a seeker.


In her own words, this is what Anne is doing.
"Day one of my experiment in giving begins… now.

So, here is the deal: every day for the next three months I will give at least one thing of value away. It is tempting for me to construct 48 different rules for myself around this project, to allow my insatiable perfectionism to get in the way of its completion, to set myself up for imminent and disastrous failure, but I am resisting. The only thing I need to do is give something meaningful away and to write about it. Done."

Go check it out. I promise you it will be worth your time.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I'm so lucky to have a friend like you -- thank you.
    2. I haven't thought of Ham and Goody's tea cakes in approximately 15 years, and now I realllllly want one.
    3. I sent your blog to Steve and he said, "Wow! She takes such great pictures. Not... like you." :)

    ReplyDelete