Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How hot was it?





It was so hot that our beads melted. OK maybe it isn't that hot but it is pretty darn close. To keep cool, we have been having a lot of arts and crafts time.




So, after this post about ridding our house of plastic, we decided to melt some in our oven and inhale the fumes. Nothing like the fresh smell of melting plastic. It does a body good.




That said, while the beads are "cooking" I recommend opening the windows/doors and heading outside.  Ellery was completely mesmerized by the melting beads. These are the easy steps.


  1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper

  2. String the beads on a pipe cleaner as you make a design or just lay them next to each other (they need to be touching to stick)

  3. Place the design in a cool over and set to 350

  4. When the over hits 350 leave the beads in for 10 minutes

  5. Turn the oven off and leave the beads in the oven until they are completely cool (we left them overnight)

  6. Carefully peel the beads from the wax paper

Go try it -- melt some beads and let me know how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. Let's see? In Southampton with nothing better to do so I will melt plastic in the oven. Do not melt any more plastic as Jared wants all of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am to comment again?????????????? Need I say more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jared wants my beads? Gosh, I had no idea they would be in such high demand :-) I assume he wants to plastic containers?

    ReplyDelete