Sunday, July 19, 2009

What everyone needs to know about Mary Kent



And the lucky winner is....Carmen! I have to know, what gave it away? Was it the fact that she collects nativity scenes (which by the way, is a little odd at best.) Was it the fact that she serenaded her parents' friends at dinner parties (Islands in the Stream - by Dolly Parton was a favorite?)
Whatever it was, there are a few things that EVERYONE should know about Mary Kent. Mary Kent is a twin and comes from a family of 6 kids - she and her twin are at the tail end. She has a keen sense of humor with a cutting edge. Mary Kent is honest and will always tell you what she really thinks - even if that results in a confrontation.
Mary Kent and I went to high school together and at our last reunion, she announced to a table of people that one of the occupants had taken an oath not to kiss her boyfriend in high school. Our classmate denied the oath. Mary Kent insisted. Our classmate denied. Mary Kent insisted. You get the picture. I have to admit, I was squirming in my seat and chuckling at the same time. The girl got up to leave our table. Mary Kent looked at Alan (with a very serious look) and said, "I don't care what she says, I know that girl took an oath not to kiss her boyfriend."

Talk about a tangent...back to the topic at hand people.
Mary Kent has a daughter named Mary Kent (many of you are scratching your heads at this point.) Mary Kent is a "confident" driver but despite her speedy maneuvers she is
A L W A Y S late. Always. Her friends can look past this because she delivers in countless other ways.
Check in tomorrow for some scoop on melting beads. Toxic fumes and all.

3 comments:

  1. Melanie: "Margaret, you are going to be so excited - I'm profiling a local celebrity on my blog."
    Me: "Who?"
    Melanie: "It's a surprise, but it's going to be really good. My source is taking a bit longer than expected, so I'm not sure when it will be posted."
    I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN! HAHA!
    Please tell me that being in a Michael Jackson doll commercial is a "Truth"!
    Great photo MK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret - you should be able to add the blog to your reader now by clicking on the orange icons (I grabbed them from feedburner.) Let me know if it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MK - everyone is waiting for you to chime in......

    ReplyDelete