Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Puddles


Dearest Vaughan,

It is hard to believe you are two years old today. I lifted you from your crib this morning and softly whispered "happy birthday" in your ear. You grinned and then hugged me. Two years old. You are so big now.

When we are in the pool, you don't want me to hold onto you. When you get in and out of your stroller, you insist on doing it yourself. It seems like everyday you are more and more independent. Everyday you seem to need me a little less.

But you still want to cuddle with me before bed and you still crawl up in my lap to eat dinner and you still give me good squeezes. So for now - I will cherish those.

Happy Birthday, Sweet V. Two years old today!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Vaughan!
    I hope you had a wonderful day with your mother and sister. Your daddy is not the only one who misses you guys!
    Love,
    Margaret and Thomas

    ReplyDelete