Monday, August 17, 2009

Letter Home - Part Two

379

A-

Today we woke up to the drip drop of rain on the roof. Don't you love how the rain sounds up here? It lulls you to sleep - and sleep I could all day long. Our children, however, had different plans for me. It was a tough night of sleep for sweet V - finally, I nestled her into bed with me and we drifted off quietly together (I could hear her sucking on Stinky Pig.)


The girls had a full day planned with Gagi while I worked. I felt like I was missing out on the action - but I know they like time spent with just Gagi too. I met the girls and Gagi at the library after work. As I walked over there I was reminded of the many hours you spent there studying for the CFA! Seems like just yesterday but wow - how much has changed.



We got all ready for the concert in the park tonight but it was cancelled. Sweet V was very sad - she grabbed my hand, dragged me to the front door and repeated "party, party" over and over again. They were somewhat assuaged when Maximus showed up for pizza and to play.



I know I should have tucked them in early tonight - given the restless sleep we all had last night. But we were all having so much fun catching lightening bugs and playing outside. I admit - they got to bed well after 8PM.



We are missing you terribly. Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment