Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's been a while

It has been a while since I last posted. We have been busy visiting the ER, New York City, the beach, town, the pool and the list goes on and on and on.

Vaughan feel off of a chair and hit her head on the concrete basement floor. I will admit, I lost my cool when I felt the immediate golf ball sized lump that developed on the back of her skull. I mean - was that her brain material bulging from her head. Ugh, my stomach was in my throat. The worst part, we were in the basement because I was putting Stinky Pig in the wash. So, without the infamous SP to console her, things were highly stressful and chaotic. After a visit to the ER and some time to calm down - things were fine.

Alan arrived later that day - it is always so much better when he is around. WHAT A RELIEF. We had a great weekend in SH and then headed to the city - sans kids - on Monday morning.

Normal people do NOT look this happy during cab rides.


The "getaway" was great. I am so thankful to my parents - especially my mom - for providing this opportunity. I have lots of great scoop to share from our two day getaway.


This is the Epicurean Deli. We purchased 3 Christmas trees here and many a beverage. It was at the corner of our block on the village. Whenever we are back in town, we visit our old building to see the doormen.


And of course - pick up a Beard Papa -- more on that later. Now, it is time to relax....check in soon for more picks and stories on NYC!












2 comments:

  1. sounds interesting--please share...

    always love hearing about good food. maybe i can get jason to make one??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to send you an email...and you have to try one next time you ar in NY!

    ReplyDelete