Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to School Dinner Party

IMG_5392

The girls pretty much like any excuse for a party. So around here, we pretty much use any excuse to have one. We try to have some sort of special family dinner once a month. Last night was our annual "Back to School Dinner Party."

We had



IMG_5387

I think the excitement shows on Ellery's face. The night came complete with candles and crowns. Although - did you notice in the photo above that mine is a bit small....or maybe my head is growing?

IMG_5398

Latham snoozed through most of the evening.

IMG_5399

But she woke up just in time for a picture. The girls wanted her to wear her crown too. She wasn't so down with it.

After dinner we took a stroll through the neighborhood, where - despite my efforts to douse myself and the children with bug spray - I returned home with no fewer than 5 bites. Ah - summer in the south....hot, humid and bug filled.

Now I need to go wake those little ladies up to get them ready for school! Hope your back to school adventures are fabulous too.

No comments:

Post a Comment