Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Typical Day


IMG_5418

Recently a few of you have asked me what a typical day is like around here. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and if that is the case then I suppose that picture sums things up.

I know we only went to the beach for four days but somehow we created a whole mess of laundry to sort through upon our return.


IMG_5419
As for the girls, well they are um -- how shall I put this -- creative with their "activities."

In all honestly, I am generally thoroughly amused by what these girls do to entertain each other and me.

IMG_5423

I mean, don't we all want to wear winter hats and clothes in September and then pile in the laundry basket?

IMG_5428


A few days ago, Ellery asked me if she could have some diapers for her doll. I obliged and sent the girls down to "Kids' Club" aka the basement. About 30 minutes later, they emerged looking like this.


I wish I could explain. All I can offer up is that they were supposed to be some sort of ninja/kung fu warriors. Of course, that doesn't explain the lack of panties on Vaughan.

And then there was yesterday. How should I convey this to you? Let me start by saying that between 5 and 6 things are pretty crazy around here. Latham usually wants to sleep, I am generally trying to keep her awake. The girls are hungry and want a snack, I am trying to put them off while I make dinner. You get the idea.

Yesterday I ushered the ladies outside, put Latham in her crib with the mobile on and frantically tried to make dinner. I noticed from the kitchen window that they girls were digging in large amounts of mud/dirt (they were probably "cooking.") So, when Vaughan came to the door I quickly cut her off and directed her to hose herself off before entering the house.

I was not surprised when I next noticed that both girls were running around the yard, with NO clothes on, spraying each other. And, if I am being honest, I was sort of thinking -- this counts as a shower -- one less thing to do tonight!

IMG_5440

I was surprised, however, when I went outside to fetch them and Ellery instructed me (with a smile) to look at the grass. I looked - it looked green.
me: What?
Ellery: Look at the grass. There's poop!

IMG_5441

For the record, we don't have a dog. Vaughan dropped a deuce! The deuce was loose!

And that folks, is a typical day around here. Baby in hand, picking up poop in the yard - not from our dog but from our daughter!

1 comment: